Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 07 January 2020
1. All bookings are made with Compete Games Limited t/a Wildbase (us/we). By booking a trip with us you are deemed to have agreed to these Booking Conditions (which constitutes the entire agreement between you and us) and your booking will be accepted by us on this basis. The services to be provided are those referred to in your booking confirmation invoice.
2. Itineraries shown within the marketing material might be different to the one you book as they vary depending on the type of people involved. Your specific itinerary will be confirmed when booking and will not change.
ACCEPTANCE OF BOOKING AND FINAL PAYMENTS
3. If we accept your booking we will issue a confirmation invoice. A contract will exist between us from the date we issue the confirmation invoice or if you book within 7 days of departure the contract will exist when we accept your payment.
PRICES & EXCHANGE RATES
4. Our trips are priced Pounds Sterling and if you live outside the United Kingdom the final cost may vary subject to relevant exchange rates at the time of booking. The most up-to-date pricing is available on our website. Figures shown in posts on social media will not be updated if prices subsequently change.
5. The necessary details we request may vary but generally include but are not limited to email address, phone number, full name as per passport, date of birth, nationality, passport number, passport issue and expiry date and health and fitness declarations pertinent to your participation in a fitness holiday. Failure to provide requested details may result in additional charges or non-refundable cancellation of your trip.
CANCELLATION BY THE TRAVELLER
6. If you cancel some or all portions of your booking cancellation fees may apply. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation. If you cancel a trip:
60 days or more prior to departure, you will receive a full refund (subject to a £25 administration fee);
30-59 days prior to departure, we will retain 50% paid by you in connection with the booking;
15-30 days prior to departure, we will retain 75% paid by you in connection to the booking;
14 days or less prior to departure, we will retain 100% paid by you in connection with the booking.
You are strongly advised to take out cancellation insurance at the time of booking which will cover cancellation fees. If you leave for any reason after it has commenced we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services. If you fail to join a tour, join it after departure, or leave it prior to its completion, no refund will be made.
CANCELLATION BY US
7. We may cancel a trip at any time up to 30 days before departure, subject to clause 13. We may cancel a trip at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your trip, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate event date or receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flights.
8. If you wish to transfer from one event to another you must notify us at least 30 days prior to the proposed departure date. A fee of £125 per person per change will apply (in addition to any charges levied by hotels or ground operators). If you notify us less than 30 days prior to the proposed event the refund policy applicable to cancellations will apply. Transfers to another departure can only be made to a departure within the current validity period.
Amendments to any other arrangements made in conjunction with your trip will incur a £75 administration fee per booking per change. This fee is in addition to any charges levied by hotels or ground operators. No amendments are permitted to your booking within 14 days of departure.
9. The price of your trip includes:
All accommodation during your event;
All main meals and snacks during your event [Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner];
All individual sessions, bookings, venues, transfers required;
All transfers from Madrid Airport to the location of your event;
The services of all Wildbase staff, specialist endurance and training coaches, nutritionists, and any other specialists provided;
All sports equipment required during your event
10. The price of your trip does not include:
International or internal flights,
Taxes and excess baggage charges,
Visa and passport fees,
Optional activities and all personal expenses.
11. All travellers must be 18 years of age or older on the date of departure. We have no upper age limit.
HEALTH AND FITNESS
12. Wildbase events involve physical activity that requires a certain level of fitness. As part of the booking process we will ask you to detail your health and fitness. We reserve the right to request additional information and/or confirmation from a medical professional to be confident of your capacity to safely participate in what can be for some a physical-orientated activity event. You are responsible for providing such information/confirmation in a timely manner.
If as a result of health information received we decide that you will not be able to safely participate in the trip you will be entitled to a full refund provided all information has been received more than 30 days before departure. If the information is received within 30 days of departure administration and cancellation fees may apply.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you obtain proper and detailed medical advice in good time prior to travel for the latest health requirements and recommendations for your destination.
13. Our trips are guaranteed to depart only once they have a minimum group size. This minimum number will be stated for each departure on the website. If you would like to know how many people are booked on your trip please ask prior to making your booking.
PASSPORT AND VISAS
14. You must carry a valid passport and have obtained all of the appropriate visas, permits and certificates for the countries which you will visit during your trip. Your passport must be valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the trip. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of the correct visas, permits and certificates for your trip. We are not responsible if you are refused entry to a country because you lack the correct passport, visa or other travel documentation.
15. Travel insurance is mandatory for all our travellers and should be taken out at the time of booking. Your travel insurance must provide cover against personal accident, death, medical expenses and emergency repatriation with a recommended minimum coverage of £2,000,000 for each of the categories of cover. It should cover you for gym exercise as well as watersports such as swimming, kayaking and paddle-boarding. We also strongly recommend it covers cancellation, curtailment, personal liability and loss of luggage and personal effects. You must provide proof of your travel insurance no later than 7 days prior to the trip taking place; you will not be able to join the trip without it.
16. You acknowledge and accept that the nature of this type of travel requires considerable flexibility and you should allow for alternatives. The itinerary provided for each trip is representative of the types of activities contemplated, but it is understood that the schedules, itineraries, amenities and modes of transport may be subject to alteration without prior notice due to local circumstances or events.
AUTHORITY ON TOUR
17. Our events are run by a group leader. The decision of the group leader is final on all matters likely to affect the safety or well-being of any traveller or staff member participating in the trip. If you fail to comply with a decision made by a group leader, or interfere with the well-being or mobility of the group, the group leader may direct you to leave the trip immediately, with no right of refund. We may also elect not to carry you on any future trips booked. You must at all times comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations of all countries visited.
ACCEPTANCE OF RISK
18. You acknowledge that the nature of Wildbase events are active, involve strenuous exercise and participation involves a degree of personal risk. You acknowledge that your decision to travel is made in light of consideration of these facts and you accept that you are aware of the personal risks attendant upon such a trip.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
19. a. We will accept liability for the negligence of our staff or agents causing death or physical injury to persons or loss or damage to personal property only to the extent it is obliged under the applicable law. Our obligations, and those of our suppliers providing any service or facility included in your holiday, are to take reasonable skill and care to arrange for the provision of such services and facilities. This acceptance of liability is subject to clause c. below.
b. In other circumstances we are responsible to you for the proper performance of this contract. This acceptance of liability is subject to clause c. below.
c. we shall not be liable for any damage or loss if the failure to carry out the contract is:
attributable to you.
attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for and the event is unforeseeable or unavoidable.
due to unforeseen and unusual circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had to be exercised.
due to political disputes, border closures, refusal of visas, industrial action, climate or other matters of a similar nature and any other force majeure.
due to an event which the Company, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall.
d. Except in cases involving death, injury or illness, any liability covered under clause b. above is limited to 3 times the price paid. In the case of damaged property the liability is limited to a maximum amount equal to the amount paid by or on behalf of the owner of the property. In all cases the Company specifically excludes all liability for indirect or consequential loss or expense including loss of profits and in all cases our liability will be limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to the contractual terms of the companies that provide the transportation for your travel arrangements.
e. Where your trip arrangements involve travel by air, rail or sea, or hotel accommodation, the compensation is limited by the following international conventions respectively: Warsaw Convention as amended 1955, Bern Convention 1961, Athens Convention 1974 and Paris Convention 1962. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of right to claim or compensation contained in these or any conventions.
f. our acceptance of liability in clauses a and b above is subject to assignment by you of your rights against any agent, supplier or sub-contractor which is in any way responsible for the unsatisfactory arrangements or your death or personal injury.
20. Optional activities not included in the event price do not form part of the trip or this contract. You accept that any assistance given by your group leader or local representative in arranging optional activities does not render us liable for them in any way. The contract for the provision of that activity will be between you and activity provider.
CLAIMS & COMPLAINTS
21. If you have a complaint about your trip you will inform your group leader or our local representative at the time in order that they can attempt to rectify the matter. If satisfaction is not reached through these means then any further complaint should be put in writing to us within 30 days of the end of the tour.
22. In the event that any term or condition contained in these Booking Conditions is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason then such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this contract or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining terms and conditions to survive and continue as binding.
PHOTOS, VIDEO AND MARKETING
23. You consent to us using images and audio of you taken during the trip for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium we
choose. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.
25. English law governs these Booking Conditions to the fullest extent allowable. Any disputes in connection with a trip or these Booking Conditions must be initiated in the courts of England.
26. Our registered address is 4-4a Blackburn Road, Accrington, Lancashire BB5 1HD